Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Circuits - full body, dumpbells

I'll try to specify the source for most of them. But some I had for so long, I don't even know where they came from.
I often take them from Woman's health or Fitness professionals  mailouts, adjust them so it's easy to do in one spot and it doesn't create unnecessary joint and muscle tensions. Some of them are my own.
Keep in mind that the routines are fairly short because they are ment to be done with finishers.
My favorite finisher is 15 min of yoga. I will post the usual routine shortly.


 Circuit 1
4 rounds, 25lb dumpbells, 30sec on, 15 sec off
  • weighted burpee
  • mountain climbers
  • reverse lunges
  • mountain climbers
  • cleans / snatches
  • mountain climbers
  • weighted russian twist
Circuit 2
Abs warm up - once, 20 reps of each.
Circiut - 3 rounds / 12 reps / 25lbs
Arms superset - 3 rounds / 10 reps / 25 lbs

Abs:
Decline stand crunch with a medicine ball, slight rotation toward right or left toe on the way up.
Incline stand side crunch
Incline stand back extension with extended arms
Plank with feet and elbows on two medicine balls (1 min)
Circuit:
squat
pull down
leg curl
military shoulder press
Arms superset:
biceps curl
triceps extension

No comments:

Post a Comment